Programming in Swift
What is Swift?
- New programming language for Mac OSX App and iOS Apps
- Swift is nicely integrated with Cocoa and Cocoa Touch
- Swift uses ARC for memory management
- Swifts has the power of Objective-C’s dynamic object model
- Swift extensively uses constants to make code safer and cleaner.
- Swift has datatypes which were not present in Objective C (e.g tuples that allows to create and pass around grouping of values)
- One strikingly different thing about swift is, it does not use semicolon (;) after each statement. Semicolons are however required if you are writing multiple separate statements in a single line
Over the next couple of days I will be writing a lot about Swift Programming. Please revisit to continue learning in a much faster way.
Related Swift Programming Posts
- An introduction to Swift Programming Language
- In this short article we will introduce to the basics of Swift Programming, introducing how variables and constants are created while talking about mutability and immutability of objects.
- Type Safety and Type Inference
- Arrays and Dictionaries
- Logging etc
- Simple Swift Program
- In this article we will create a simple currency converter application to give a feel of how outlets and actions work in Swift programming
- Swift – Collection Types
- In this article we will create, modify and use arrays and dictionaries collection types
Swift Cocoa for Mac OSX
Swift IOS Related Posts
- Swift iOS Simple UITableView
- In this sample app, we will create a swift iOS app what has a single UITableView loaded from a data array, the UITableView cell is plain style
- Swift iOS Custom UITableViewCell
- In this sample app, we will create a swift iOS app for a custom UITableViewCell